Community Association of PEOPLE for Real Enterprise – CAPRE
CAPRE is an established community entrepreneurial development organization that works with entrepreneurs with intellectual disabilities.
Located in the bustling commercial centre of New Minas in the beautiful Annapolis Valley, CAPRE is seeking a passionate, experienced and professional leader for the position of Executive Director. This challenging position has the potential to impact the lives of entrepreneurs in our programs and their families, our employees, our volunteers and our community.
Reporting to the Board under a policy board model of governance, the Executive Director works with our staff, our entrepreneurs and their families, government and other funding agencies, local community organizations, and the greater community to further a social business model that is effective and sustainable.
The Executive Director is responsible for providing sound policy and financial advice and recommendations to the Board, leadership, direction and guidance to the staff team and for supporting a safe and healthy workplace. The Executive Director fosters positive relationships with all partners and stakeholders of the organization. and seeks opportunities to work in collaboration with other organizations to achieve common goals.
The duties and responsibilities of the Executive Director include:
- Overseeing the management of approved budgets in accordance with established Board policies and sound fiscal management practices
- Establishing partnerships with key stakeholders and service providers to facilitate access to a wide range of community-based services and supports
- Identifies and attracts funding from government departments, the business sector and the community
- Establishing priorities for policy development and prepares and submits policies for approval related to all aspects of the operation
- Regularly reporting to the Board of Directors on the organization’s progress in meeting its operational and strategic objectives
- Overseeing the management of staff training programs
- Overseeing the hiring, supervision, deployment and evaluation of staff
- Ensures compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act, and all employment-related laws and regulations, and provides employees and the entrepreneurs they work with a safe and healthy work environment
- Prepares operating and capital budgets in consultation with relevant staff and makes recommendations to the Board on budgets, staffing, space and other resources
- Establishes a communication/marketing plan designed to inform and engage the community in accomplishing the goals and objectives of the organization
- Experience in financial management and budgeting
- Accountability and Dependability
- Communications Skills
- Team Work
- Time Management
- Result Focus
- Ethics and Integrity
The ideal candidate will have
- Five years’ experience in a management/executive role or equivalent leadership experience. Experience working with social businesses is considered an asset
- Post-secondary education or equivalent in Business, Human Services, Social Sciences, or Rehabilitation
- Experience working with people with intellectual disabilities
- Experience in strategic planning and implementation as well as budget development, financial management and human resources
- Knowledge of provincial Disability Support Program funding is an asset
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team and achieve results
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with a policy Board
- Strong problem solving, decision making and leadership skills
- High level of integrity, confidentially, and accountability.
If you are a leader with compassion, experience, integrity and a strong pursuit of excellence, please submit your cover letter and resume by email in confidence by 4:30 PM on March 15, 2019 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please combine your cover letter and resume into a single pfd document.
Executive Director Search Committee
Attn: Michael V. Coyle JD, CPHR
While we thank all who apply for your interest in CAPRE, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.